Monday 24 June 2013

Lovely Things: Book Storage

As impressed as I am by the technology of the Kindle, you can't beat a hard copy of a good book. And good books deserve great storage, am I right?


This symmetrical structure is so simple but has such a high impact! Not to mention a lot of room for a many-a-book.


The piano is my favourite instrument and I'm big on recycling, so as you can probably imagine this idea caught my eye immediately! Very clever.


As a rule books are displayed vertically, so this horizontal display is a really interesting alternative. The colour of the shelves are gorgeous too, reminds me of Farrow and Ball's 'Arsenic'.


This one kind of makes me feel dizzy when I look at it, but I appreciate the original design.


Upcycling a wooden reel ike this is genius!


One of those grand designs you know you'll never have but you gawp at anyway.


I love love love built in storage in alcoves - it looks so tidy and provides extra space without essentially using up any room.


You know that book storage is quality when there's a sliding ladder involved.


Colour coding never gets old!


Invisible shelving is definitely aesthetically appealing with books.


Arches are so lovely! Just makes me think of how many different things I could have made my DIY fireplace surround wardrobe into.


Repurposing objects always makes me smile. Can I call a clamp cute? Because I think it's cute.




Book storage in a staircase? That's too cool.


A straighforward design, but love the rustic feel.


Some crazy repurposing to conclude this entry. 10/10!

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome, I just got a bookcase recently from my Grandma. I cleaned it up, sorted it out as some was a bit broken, polished it and varnished it. Now it works great for all my cooking books, gaming books and DVD's.

    ReplyDelete